Project Ability brings your business more advantages.
Organizations are constantly challenged to improve productivity and efficiency. And despite historically high unemployment rates in the U.S., nearly half of all employers report difficulty in filling mission critical-positions that can help them achieve their goals.
That’s why it’s more important than ever to recognize and take advantage of top talent available in diverse populations -- talent that can improve performance and competitive advantage. Manpower has been developing innovative workforce solutions for over 50 years to partner with our employers to overcome these challenges.
A partnership through Project Ability will allow your company to take advantage of a proven, award-winning workforce development strategy and:
- Create a customized recruitment program developed to specifically address your staffing needs by utilizing temp-to-hire placements as a way to recruit candidates to meet government program guidelines and compliance requirements (OFCCP and EEOC)
- Leverage Manpower’s global and local expertise to create an enterprise-wide model that supports Diversity and Inclusion goals or to develop a customized program to address staffing needs
- Access an untapped, pre-screened and trained talent pool through Manpower’s recruiting process that identifies the best candidate matches
- Strengthen the loyalty of your customers and employees
Contact your local office to learn more. The possibilities for your organization are extraordinary.
It’s your ability that matters most.
It’s your time to win in the world of work: to work in an environment where ability matters most. Where your skills shine, and you can reach your potential. It’s time to work with Manpower. Through Project Ability, we serve as your champions – partnering with you to understand your skills, interests and goals. Then we promote your capabilities and match you to work where you can be satisfied, successful and recognized for your contributions.
Project Ability is based on a partnership between Manpower, vocational rehabilitation agencies and community-based organizations. Together, we help job seekers with disabilities at all experience levels find meaningful, rewarding employment opportunities. When you’re referred to Manpower, you will:
- Work with a staffing specialist who will serve as your advocate, matching you to positions that suit your skill sets, work style and aspirations
- Gain greater exposure to Manpower’s extensive network of admired employers
- Benefit from networking opportunities and professional references
- Gain valuable work experience in a variety of industries
- Enjoy flexibility, workplace variety and a greater sense of independence
How do I participate in Project Ability?
Contact your counselor, job developer or a representative within your agency to inform them you would like to apply with Manpower through Project Ability. Your counselor will work with you to complete the referral process and connect you with the nearest Manpower branch. If you are not currently working with an agency, please contact Manpower directly for assistance and to begin the registration process.
What is working through Manpower like?
To begin the job matching process, a Manpower staffing specialist will meet with you to discuss your skills, work interests and experience. You and your staffing specialist will review job opportunities and work together to determine what role may be the best fit for you, based on your skill sets and goals.
When matched to a job assignment, you become a Manpower employee, or associate. Assignments may last a few days, several weeks or even months – and some assignments turn into permanent positions. Many associates like to complete an assignment and then move onto a new assignment to get exposure to and experience in different work environments and industries.
What opportunities may be available through my local office?
Depending on your work experience, training, skills and interests, Manpower has many different job opportunities in a variety of areas, including:
- Administrative, clerical, office, call center, customer service, sales
- Industrial, light industrial, warehouse
- Accounting and finance
- Manufacturing and production
- Other business professional
Pay rates are determined by the type of position you’re placed in and the market rate of pay for that position. Any relevant experience and skills you have will be considered, and rates are negotiated between your staffing specialist and potential employer.
What is the stability or longevity of a job?
Companies use Manpower when they have a need for an assignment. Every job assignment is different; some assignments are short-term, long-term, project-based for a defined period of time, and others are permanent opportunities. When you work for Manpower, our client is checking your work progress and how you fit into their work environment and culture. Once you finish your job assignment, we look for the next opportunity to place you into your next assignment.
Does Manpower provide benefits?
When you become an employee of Manpower, you will hear more about the benefits available to you and we recommend you work with your counselor to determine if the benefits offered are suitable for you.
If I work short-term, will this interfere with my social security benefits or other benefits that I receive?
Before you consider working through Project Ability, you should speak with your job developer or counselor who understands your individual case and your financial situation.
Partnering to promote success
At Manpower, we work with you to get people working. Through Project Ability, we work to remove barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and create pathways to employment with targeted occupational skills training, industry specific skills assessments and recruitment programs.
We specialize in employment solutions that support your goals and those of whom you serve:
- Business services
- Job placement
- Subsidized employment
- Targeted occupational skills training
- Skills assessments
- Time capture and payroll services to support job evaluations and paid work experience programs
We know that every vocational rehabilitation program is different, yet we all share a common mission: to build a bridge to sustainable employment. To develop and strengthen the foundation for success, tap into our flexible workforce solutions and core strengths – those that fill gaps, enhance programs and help more people experience the rewards of work.